The Squaw Valley Public Service District's Purpose is to assume leadership in providing high-quality public services needed by the community.
The Squaw Valley Public Service District serves full-time and part-time residents, businesses, employees and visitors in Squaw Valley. The mission is to provide leadership in maintaining and advocating for needed, high-quality and financially sound community services for the Valley. These include, but are not limited to water, emergency services, and sewer and garbage collection. The District will conduct its operations in a cost effective, conservation-minded and professional manner, consistent with the desires of the community, while protecting natural resources and the environment.
- Honesty, openness and maintaining the public trust
- Fairness and being equitable to all
- High Standards, competence, and quality services and products
- Fiscal responsibility
- Responsiveness and communication
- Clarity of purpose
- Environmental sensitivity
- Meticulous compliance with regulations
- Compassion and sensitivity
- Progressiveness and commitment to ongoing improvement
- Proactive planning for the future